Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Record display

Yesterday was plug-in deluge. Every step of the way I was trying to figure out how to do it someone else's way. So today after a morning spent catching the server up with my laptop and rebuilding all it's indexes and everything, it was a pleasure rendering records, just experiencing the joys of render partial and simple programming.
A lot of questions came up though. How should fields germane to 'Search by selecting hyperlinked field values' be normalized. And what should they look like. I went ahead and did this for subjects but records that are nothing but links start looking pretty ugly. Perhaps this is just CSS issues.
And what about record specific searches? Right now, I've gone ahead and done a briefer record display on a browse screen and a full record display, and a mods display for that matter.
I feel I am finally breaking through on the portal.
More tomorrow.

No comments: